What is Screen Print?
If you're looking for higher quanties (Over 25) screen print is by far the quickest and most cost effective option.
Firstly a mesh screen or stencil has to be made for each individual colour in the design. It is then set on the machine and the ink is pressed through. This leaves an impression on the garment. This is repeated for each colour in the design.
There are a few advantages and disadvantages to this process.
- Very cost effective on larer quantities
- Faster than other print processes on higher quantities.
- Speciality Inks and Metallic effects possible.
- Not cost effentive on small quantities of less than 25 or so.
- Screen Set Up fees can be an added cost factor, especially on smaller quantities.
Our presses are fully automated and can print over 500 garments an hour in up to 10 colours.
NOTE: If you're choosing a dark coloured garment it will be necessary to add a white base coat to the design in order to "lift" the colours. Not doing this would possibly result in the colours being muted and dull.